CALL FOR PAPERS
Departments of American Culture and Literature
& English Language and Literature
Fifth Undergraduate Conference on Anglo-American Literature:
April 10-11, 2015
Bilkent University, Main Campus
Bilkent University is pleased to announce the fifth undergraduate conference on Anglo-American Literature, jointly hosted by the Departments of English Language and Literature and American Culture and Literature. The conference will concentrate on multiculturalism in literature, culture, arts and pictures, and on screen and stage but its scope is intended to be broader. This year, we are excited to extend proposals not only to academic papers, but also alternative presentations such as: roundtable discussions, original creative writing, original performances (individual or group), original art projects, original film projects, amongst other possibilities. You are encouraged to think of “multiculturalism” broadly. Possible topics might include, but are not limited to:
- Defining multiculturalism (what is multiculturalism)?
- Multicultural folk culture(s): legends, tales & stories, storytelling practices, spiritual worldviews and spiritual practices, daily life, etc.
- Multiculturalism through the ages
- Comparative multiculturalisms
- Gender and multiculturalism
- Politics and multiculturalism
- Race and multiculturalism
- Multiculturalism and globalization
- Multicultral literature, film, art, performances
- Multiculturalism and the media
- The status of multiculturalism in Turkey
We invite you to submit a proposal of 250 words by 10 March 2015. Proposals will be reviewed by the committee on the basis of academic value and originality. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the beginning of February, 2015 and presenters will be asked to submit their complete papers by March 30th. Presentations should not exceed 15 minutes. If you are interested in organizing a panel or a workshop, please include your requests while sending the proposal.